avengers_2k is your one-stop shop for everything related to the Avengers movie!verse. Fic, art, discussion, general squee of any sort is welcome here. We're also open to gen, het, slash, anything your heart fancies so long as it has to do with the Avengers movie!verse in some way.
If your fanwork has to do with things outside of the Avengers, crossovers with other Marvel characters for instance, that is okay as well provided that you are still connecting back to the Avengers movie characters in some way.
The same goes for the usage of comic backstory. There are many fine Marvel comic communities out there on LJ, but this one is primarily for fans of the characters as portrayed in the movies. We don't frown on using some good old fashioned comic!backstory with your fic, but we would like you to stay as close to the movie versions of the characters as possible.
If this isn't enough info for you, check out our Mod Welcome Post, and while you're there join in the fun at our Wine and Cheese Mixer Friending Meme
1. Be courteous to others. This means no rude comments! Everyone should treat other members as they wish to be treated, Golden Rule style.
2. Please tag your entries. Fic and art should be tagged with: author name, type and rating to make it easy for other members to find your work. We mods are lazy people so we're assuming you are as well and tags are the best cure for fandom laziness!
3. Large images need to be placed under an lj-cut. Save an flist, save a life.
4. No flaming or rude comments. So nice we had to say it twice. Constructive criticism or discussion on fanwork is always more than welcome but if you want to get your rude on, please do it elsewhere. We want birds to be able to twitter around here, people.
5. No character bashing. There are a lot of characters in this verse, and so the odds of you stumbling across someone who hates the character you love with all your heart are pretty good. Pretend you're Steve here. Even if you don't love everyone, please keep your meanie comments relegated to your personal journal.
6. Please direct any requests for fic/art to one of the many wonderful kink memes / comment ficathons out there in LJ Land. Only finished works / WIPs should be posted here, along with news, discussion, flail over or questions about the movies.
7. Please don't advertise goods for sale on the comm.
8. Please don't make beta requests on the comm. There is a Beta Post for all your beta needs. Please go there to find a beta or to offer your services as one.
9. Have fun!
If you're going to post fic, please use the following (feel free to change / take out things that don't apply):
We also ask that if you're posting your story directly to the community that you put the story itself behind a cut. For more information on how to do an LJ-cut, click here.
Some changes have been made to LiveJournal, and we hope you enjoy them! As we continue to improve the site on a daily basis to make your experience here better and faster, we would greatly appreciate your feedback about these changes. Please let us know what we can do for you!
See a bug? Let us know! Here you can also share your thoughts and ideas about updates to LiveJournal
Your request has been filed. You can track the progress of your request at:
If you have any other questions or comments, you can add them to that request at any time.
We have put together a survey to help us determine what our top priorities should be for LiveJournal and would greatly appreciate it if you would add your voice to the discussion!Take a survey